Overview of MIPS Improvement Activities
- There are 106 total activities available in 2024. Activities may be designated as “high-weighted” or “medium-weighted”; typically participants submit one of the following combinations of activities
- 2 high-weighted activities,
- 1 high-weighted activity and 2 medium-weighted activities, or
- 4 medium-weighted activities.
- For each activity, CMS provides a description and suggested documentation.
Getting Credit for Pursuing this Food Insecurity and Nutrition Risk IA
- Multiple actions can be implemented to receive credit for this IA. They include using quality improvement resources (including those offered by the MQii) to improve screening and subsequent interventions, electronic health record-based clinical decision support tools, staff training, and referrals to and engagements with community-based organizations to meet the needs of patients who screen positively for food insecurity or malnutrition. We created this webpage on the MQii website and the accompany clinical decision support tool to support you in implementing the activity based on the needs of your healthcare team and your patient population.